Thursday, May 3, 2012

Daily Stroll Through the Monkey Sanctuary

Our bungalow in Ubud was located on the outskirts of the town.  This meant we were far away from the traffic and noise of everyday life in Ubud.  This also meant that in order to get into town, we had to take great risks by walking through the monkey sanctuary.  By great risks we mean holding on tightly to bags, hats, cameras, and sunglasses.  Also, having to be very aware of who was walking behind you or swinging above you.




The path to town



Grooming session



Monkeys love mopeds... the little guy on the right is adjusting the mirror.




Snacking on some chips




Eating a coconut


Baby monkey


Two baby monkeys


Hmmm.....


Monkey on a shrine


3 comments:

  1. Love those monkeys! Aren't they hilarious! I love Indonesia - brings back memories. Hope both of you are enjoying yourselfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly and Jeff! I'm Erin (Wilson)McDonald's cousin and my sister and brother-in-law are about to move to China. My husband and I are planning on going there for Christmas and then traveling around Thailand for a monthish and hopefully making it to Bali too. SO, when it gets closer I might start asking y'all questions if that's ok! We're going to be on a budget so I thought y'all might have some pointers. I've been to China but never Thailand or Bali, so I'll be a newbie! I love y'alls blog! Can't wait to be there!!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kara! We would love to answer any questions you have. We would definitely recommend going to Bali, but there are lots of great things about Thailand as well. My email address is shelly.warford@gmail.com Feel free to email me with whatever questions you have!

      Delete